Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

American Idol Power Rankings

This week was odd. I already thought that it was going to be when they said that they would do Beatles week again right the week after. They could have at least done one week of something else in between for the contestants to get a breather and think it over. And then I disagreed with a lot of what Randy, Paula, and Simon said last night. You will see that in this week’s power rankings.

1. David Cook: Loved his performance the most yet again. His voice is just so good and he is looking better and better. I do agree though that he was a bit too sure of himself. So that might have turned some people off.
2. Michael Johns: I really liked this one! I actually heard it twice and it was even better the second time around. These are the kind of songs I like to hear from him. So he was back on top for me.
3. Ramiele Malubay: I was getting all excited when she said that she would sing a fast song… and then it wasn’t really that fast. Still, I did like it a lot – the way she moved, was dressed, and of course her voice. I’m just still hoping she will do a really fast, fun song!
4. Amanda Overmyer: It was a good song choice and great performance. I o agree wit the judges though in that it will get boring after a while. Let’s see of she will change it up next week.
5. Jason Castro: He really was goofy walking around on stage. It seemed like he did not quite know what to do. The song was good, but all in all it was neither here nor there.
6. Brooke White: I loved her Sun dress and didn’t think that she was that awkward. And I did like the darkness in her voice this week. But, of course, last weeks performance was a lot better.
7. Syesha Mercado: Yesterday is one of my favorite Beatles songs. Yet this performance did not move me as much as Syesha would have liked. I thought she put too many runs in it and did not connect enough with the audience.
8. Chikezie: Funny enough, this was his best performance yet for me! I wasn’t sure about the beginning, but I liked the fast part. I also think this would be a great country song.
9. Kristy Lee Cook: My husband liked her performance and especially this song choice. I don’t know what to think. I sure did not like her get up and hair.
10. Carly Smithson: I also did not get this song. It was not really a moving, slow song and definitely not a fast one. And I really did not like her top! So she lost points with me again this week.
11. David Archuleta: I guess I’m the only one, but I could not listen to this performance one more time. It is just too boring for me and I can’t watch when he looks that dreamy or something. So this was not good for me.

No comments: