Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 15, 2008

Parent to be? - you got to read these!

I do not belong to those parents who read every book out there on parenting so they know what to expect. I just figured I go with it and will know what to do. Nevertheless, I did receive several books from friends and family that they have read. From all of those, I found that only 2 were really helpful. The Nursing Mother's Companion I actually read while I was pregnant, because I knew that I wanted to breastfeed, but I was nervous if it would work out. I tried reading a few of the other books on the subject I received, but this one was by far the best one. Really told it all without any fuzz and I felt a lot more confidant afterwards. The other book I'm reading up on all the time is Your Baby's First Year Week by Week. It really gives the most important milestones of each week for the first year. So I can compare in what Lilly is ahead or behind. I really like this one and now I see they also have that book for your pregnancy. I think that would have been very helpful as well. The other thing I enjoy reading is the Parents magazine. I will definitely extent that subscription! It has stories and tips on different age groups. So I can look ahead and see what to expect. They also have great reviews, games, and just a lot of useful information. If you are interested in these books, I have a direct link to these books from Amazon on my sidebar. Happy Reading!

No comments: