Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

American Idol Power Rankings

Down to 9 for season 7! Sorry I missed last week, but getting back to work is harder than I hoped for. And honestly, I should be sleeping now instead of doing this - but here it comes anyway!

1. David Cook: He is still going strong. I’m starting to think he might be able to win it all. I loved the song, his voice and his performance. I honestly can’t wait for next week and see what he will do then.
2. Brooke White: For me, this was the best song of the night. I do agree with Simon that Brooke did not really connect with it or the audience this time and it seemed like she was rushing through it. Too bad, because otherwise this would a been a fantastic performance.
3. Carly Smithson: I really liked her this time. All in all, she is becoming a better performer for me. And you know, for some reason, she is not my first choice by a long shot. But she is growing on me and so I think she might on others as well.
4. Syesha Mercado: This was probably her best performance in my eyes. Love the song and she is definitely connecting a lot more with the audience. I do, however, see her doing the baby sound now every time I look at her. And that was creepy!
5. Kristy Lee Cook: She really has improved so much in this show. Her voice is sounding better and better and so are her performances. The one thing that is odd though is that she seems to change her looks every time and so it is hard to stay focused on her as a person. And I think that will eventually hurt her.
6. Jason Castro: What can I say – just like his other performances, which I do like. I’m still getting worried though that this will not carry him through much longer. He is very cute and so different to any other past or present contestant, but that won’t help him forever.
7. Michael Johns: I don’t know. I hated the look on his face during his performance and could not believe that he was wearing that type of scarf thing a round his neck. What is he…a playboy! But my Mom actually really liked him this time and she never did before. So you figure out what that could mean.
8. David Archuleta: I guess I’m the only one, but I can hardly see another performance of his. Those foggy eyes – I can not look at it one more time! I do understand that his voice is great, but he is singing the same song over and over again. Honestly, I wish he would go, but I know he won’t.
9. Ramiele Malubay: I’m feeling so sad for Ramiele, but I do believe it’s time for her to go. She just is not growing like the others and actually is doing less memorable performances week to week. And this song was so random that no one will remember it.

No comments: